We are called to help all people find their way to God.
Our Vision Statement
Sharing God’s grace and abundance with all.Sharing God’s grace and abundance with all.
This congregation was incorporated by a special act of the General Assembly of the State of Illinois on February 22, 1861; amended February 21, 1867, as the German Evangelical Salem’s Church of Quincy, Illinois.
Having become a part of the United Church of Christ in 1957, this Church shall be known as Salem Evangelical United Church of Christ of Quincy, Illinois.
The first meeting of what would later become Salem was held on Easter Sunday 1848. The Rev. Christoph Jung, working on behalf of the German mission society, conducted the meeting. In 1877 the church moved to its present location, on the northwest corner of 9th and State, and has since undergone major renovations (1910, 1927, 1952, 1967, 1980, 1993) that have enhanced both the interior and exterior. Salem is a historic landmark in Quincy’s German Historical district.